Error / Incident
A systemd unit has been down on a host for a long time.
This is quite a generic alert, so there's many options, but some things to try:
- Try to ssh to the host and check the status of the unit:
systemctl status <unit_name>
- Check the logs for that unit:
journalctl -u <unit_name> -n 1000
From there you might have to go to the specific service details on how to debug them.
- Ask on irc if someone is taking any action and forgot about it
- Check SAL (or here) for host being rebooted/taken down
- Check Netbox to make sure the host is not being decommed or network changes were not applied
- Check puppet for recent changes that might have affected the node
Add notes here when you find this issue.
Communication and support
Support and administration of the WMCS resources is provided by the Wikimedia Foundation Cloud Services team and Wikimedia movement volunteers. Please reach out with questions and join the conversation:
Add your incident here: