For general information about IRC usage in other Wikimedia projects, see m:IRC.
Code of Conduct
By participating in the IRC channel you agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Wikimedia technical spaces.
We also encourage everyone to follow the Technical Engagement Social Norms.
What to do there
Things you can do there:
- Ask for help about the provided services (Toolforge, Cloud VPS, Data Services, etc.)
- Request attention for a bug filed in Phabricator
- Ask for access to a specific project
The occasional off-topic discussion about real life and events at Wikimedia is permitted in moderate quantities.
Additionally, there are certain rules we strictly enforce to create a healthy discussion environment:
- No spamming/advertising
- No shouting (i.e. using all capital letters for every word)
- No pasting code snippets longer than 2-3 lines (use a pastebin for that)
People who are persistently disruptive may be temporarily or permanently banned from the channel.
You should also avoid publishing any kind of potentially personal information on the channel as it is publicly logged and viewable by all. If absolutely needed, feel free to send a private message to your recipient.
Accessing the channel
Once connected just type
/join #wikimedia-cloud and that should be it!
- Updates to Phabricator tasks
- Updates to change requests in Gerrit
- Infrastructure alerts
In this channel, you will find various bots relaying that type of information (wikibugs, icinga-wm, shinken-wm, and stashbot).