This page is currently a draft.
Toolforge is a hosting environment that makes it easy for you to perform analytics, administer bots, run webservices, and create tools to help project editors, technical contributors, and other volunteers who are working on Wikimedia projects.
This page contains links to documentation for tool developers, maintainers, and Toolforge administrators.
Ready to get started with Toolforge? Follow these steps:
- Create a Wikimedia developer account.
- Create an SSH key and add it to your Wikitech account.
- Submit a Toolforge project membership request and wait for its approval.
- Your request will be reviewed, and you will receive confirmation within a week. You will be notified through your Wikitech user account.
- Once you are added as a Toolforge member, you must logout and then login again at https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/
- Doing this is required for your membership to take effect.
- Create a new tool or join an existing Tool account
- Access the Toolforge project and manage your files.
Tool developer/maintainer documentation
- About Toolforge: What is Toolforge? What do you need to know to join the Toolforge community and start developing tools? Learn the basics!
- Toolforge Help: What is a Tool Account? How do you use it to build tools and make contributions to Wikimedia projects? Learn how to follow basic Toolforge workflows to create and maintain tools using Tool Accounts.
Toolforge administration documentation
Documentation for administrators of the Toolforge service itself can be found at Portal:Toolforge/Admin.
Communication and support
We communicate and provide support through several primary channels. Please reach out with questions and to join the conversation.
|Phabricator Workboard||#Cloud-Services||Task tracking and bug reporting|
|IRC Channel||#wikimedia-cloud connect||General discussion and support|
|Mailing List||cloud@||Information about ongoing initiatives, general discussion and support|
|Announcement emails||cloud-announce@||Information about critical changes (all messages mirrored to cloud@)|
|News wiki page||News||Information about major near-term plans|
|Blog||Clouds & Unicorns||Learning more details about some of our work|