|Please read the Wikimedia Cloud Services Introduction first.|
Wikimedia Cloud Services provides tools, services, and support for technical collaborators who want to contribute to Wikimedia software projects.
This page outlines the accounts you will need and basic first steps, which will allow you to contribute to this wiki and Wikimedia's technical spaces, including:
You will learn how to:
- Join an existing project or begin a new project.
- Add members or admins to projects.
- Create and configure instances within a project.
- Find help and ways to participate.
Set up your accounts
To access and contribute to Cloud Services projects and tools, you will need the following accounts. Please note, these are two distinct accounts:
- Wikimedia account - this account is used to contribute to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- When you create your Wikimedia account, you will create a username and password.
- Wikimedia developer account - this account is used to log into this wiki, Toolforge, Cloud VPS, Gerrit and other protected Wikimedia Services.
- When you create your Wikimedia developer account, you will create a username (sometimes called LDAP username), UNIX shell username, and password.
Get started with Toolforge
Follow the steps on Portal:Toolforge.
Get started with Cloud VPS Projects
Follow the steps on Portal:Cloud VPS.
Get started with Gerrit
Gerrit is Wikimedia's code review system.
Once you have created your Wikimedia account and Wikimedia developer account, including your UNIX shell username, follow the instructions in the Gerrit tutorial to get started.
Communication and support
Support and administration of the WMCS resources is provided by the Wikimedia Foundation Cloud Services team and Wikimedia Movement volunteers. Please reach out with questions and join the conversation: