|Please read the Wikimedia Cloud Services Introduction.|
|The content on this page is undergoing planned improvements: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232399|
- 1 Overview
- 2 About Cloud VPS
- 3 Instance administration and configurations
- 4 Access
- 5 Proxies, IP addresses, and DNS names
- 6 Security groups and firewall settings
- 7 Best practices for moving to production
- 8 Sudo policies
- 9 Operational documentation
- 10 Troubleshooting Cloud VPS
- 11 Communication and support
This page contains links to technical documentation for Cloud VPS
About Cloud VPS
Learn more about the infrastructure of Cloud VPS.
Instance administration and configurations
Help:Instances - How to create, remove and modify instances on Cloud VPS
Instructions for setting up basic instances:
- MediaWiki-Vagrant in Cloud VPS if you're used to mw:MediaWiki-Vagrant
- Project local Puppetmaster for Puppet development
- Help:LAMP instances
- Adding Disk Space
- Resize the root partition
Learn how to gain access to this wiki and access instances in the Wikimedia Cloud Services environment.
Proxies, IP addresses, and DNS names
- Learn how to create web proxies for instances.
- Learn how to assign IP addresses and DNS names to instances.
- Learn how to to manage proxies and DNS domains in Horizon.
Security groups and firewall settings
Learn how to manage security groups and firewall settings.
Best practices for moving to production
Understand recommended best prectices for moving to production.
Learn how to configure policies for a project.
Troubleshooting Cloud VPS
Communication and support
We communicate and provide support through several primary channels. Please reach out with questions and to join the conversation.
|Phabricator Workboard||#Cloud-Services||Task tracking and bug reporting|
|IRC Channel||#wikimedia-cloud connect||General discussion and support|
|Mailing List||cloud@||Information about ongoing initiatives, general discussion and support|
|Announcement emails||cloud-announce@||Information about critical changes (all messages mirrored to cloud@)|
|News wiki page||News||Information about major near-term plans|
|Blog||Clouds & Unicorns||Learning more details about some of our work|