|Please read the Wikimedia Cloud Services Introduction.|
This page contains links to technical documentation for Cloud VPS.
About Cloud VPS
Read Help:Cloud Services Introduction to understand the differences between Cloud VPS and Toolforge, and to decide which service is right for you.
User roles and rights
Learn about different roles and user rights you'll need to participate in Cloud VPS.
Learn more about the infrastructure of Cloud VPS.
Instance administration and configurations
Learn about Cloud VPS instances. What are they? How can you create, configure, and manage Cloud VPS instances? What is the Cloud VPS lifecycle?
Accessing Cloud VPS instances
Learn how to gain access to access Cloud VPS instances.
Proxies, IP addresses, and DNS names
- Learn how to use web proxies to reach Cloud VPS servers from the internet.
- Learn how to manage floating IP addresses assigned to Cloud VPS instances.
- Learn how to to manage proxies and DNS domains in Horizon.
- Learn how to manage email in Cloud VPS.
Security groups and firewall settings
Learn how to manage security groups and firewall settings.
Best practices for moving to production
Understand recommended best practices for moving to production.
Learn how to configure policies for a project.
The following links are mostly useful for people working on operating the Cloud itself, i.e, the engineers in the Wikimedia Cloud Services team and our technical contributors that collaborate to keep the cloud running in general.
When your VPS instance is created, a bot will create your project documentation under this category:
Find it, and thank you for contributing to technical documentation about your VPS.
Troubleshooting Cloud VPS
Communication and support
Support and administration of the WMCS resources is provided by the Wikimedia Foundation Cloud Services team and Wikimedia Movement volunteers. Please reach out with questions and join the conversation:
- Chat in real time in the IRC channel #wikimedia-cloud connect, the bridged Telegram group, or the bridged Mattermost channel
- Discuss via email after you subscribed to the cloud@ mailing list