This project, primarily known as the Beta Cluster aims to provide a staging area that closely resembles the Wikimedia production environment. It runs MediaWiki and extensions from their master branch, allowing developers and power users to test new code before it goes live on Wikimedia websites.
Full-stack integration testing of MediaWiki and extensions
Anticipated traffic level
more than 1000 hits per day
Anticipated time span
Willing to take contributors or not
Subject area narrow or broad
This page is a launching pad for anyone who wants to figure out how this cluster is configured.
|When setting up new instances in eqiad, please see the instructions for using our local salt and puppetmaster for a list of small changes to make to your instance's puppet configuation.|
- Cluster Availability Graph
- Machine config
- Squid help
- Hetrogenous Deploy
- Add a wiki
- Import articles to betawiki
- How code is updated
- Log Files
- Project/Elimination of shared storage
- Beta update jobs in Jenkins
Server admin log
- 18:47 andrewbogott: root@deployment-salt02:~# salt "*" cmd.run "apt-get -y install facter"
- 19:05 mutante: fixing role class config on deployment-phab* (remove role::phabricator::main, add role::phabricator_server in context prefix "deployment-phab. remove again from instance level for phab-01
- 18:40 mutante: deployment-phab01 still has puppet error "Could not find class role::phabricator::main" and that should simply be removed from it, but i can NOT find it in Horizon, i checked instance config, project... (more)