Dc-operations/Common Datacenter Specifications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page will outline our preferred specifications for use in datacenters.
|Red||Cat5e||Out of Band Access|
|Yellow||9/125 Singlemode Fiber||All fiber connections|
- Fiber note: LC to LC in rack, SC to LC for peer/transit links.
- Cabling Notes:
- We use pre-made patches in rack (5'/7'/10') for mgmt and production network.
- We use custom on-site assembled patches for serial.
- These are nearly always cross-rack and must be custom measured.
- The pin out differs to work for serial console (cisco/juniper/netapp/sun) without an adapter:
- End Device Side: 568B
- Serial Console Side: pin 4 white-green, pin 5 green, pin 6 blue (remainder immaterial)
- Gear Mounted Top of Rack
- 12 3M Fiber or 12 10' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- 24 2M Fiber or 24 7' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- 5 1M Fiber or 5 5' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- Gear Mounted Mid-Rack
- 10 1M Fiber or 10 5' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- 32 2M Fiber or 32 7' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
CODFW & EQIAD Based Sites
- 208V 3 Phase power @ 30 Amps - Two circuits per enclosure for redundancy.
- Sites in use: eqiad, sdtpa (not all racks redundant power)
- Power connector used for 30AMP 3Phase is NEMA L21-30P(plug) / L21-30R(eceptacle).
- Sites not in use: pmtpa (208V 3 Phase @ 20 Amps, redundant) & ULSFO(redundant).
- Power connector used for 20AMP 3Phase is NEMA NEMA L21-20P(plug) / L21-20R(eceptacle).
- ServerTech 0U SMART PDU
- 42 c13 power ports per feed for a total of 84 ports.
- Model: CS-84VDY-L2130
- Also have to order (2) EMTH-1-1 to have two temp/humidity leads, and one Kit-MB-01 (two button mount kit - can use Rittal equivalent)
- In our present deployments, we use SMART over SWITCHED due to the higher possible rate of failure of the switched power ports over non-switched power ports.
- We have a rack with switched power, due to legacy equipment that could not out of band power cycle; though now none of that hardware is still in service.
- RobH thinks we may need to re-investigate the failure rates on switched power, and possibly use it more, since it can be used to remotely clear service processors out of unrecoverable error states,
- Power cords for servers are c13/c14 type.
- Depth from front rail to PDU (overall depth for hardware facing the front of the rack): 33"
- Rittal TS-8 Enclosure : Rittal 9962172
- Sheet Steel, 800MM W by 2200MM H by 1050MM D. Sand Texture, Black, Perforated front/rear doors, standard rear wall/door, perforated with 4 round cable entry in roof.
- We have to get three kinds, right side end of row, left side end of row, and enclosures within the row.
- Inner enclosure: partition wall left side : Right end enclosure: partition left, sidewall right :: Left end enclosure: sidewall left
- Rittal TS - External Baying Connector : Rittal 8800490 : One kit gangs together two enclosures
- Rittal Roof Mount Cable Manager for 32" Wide TS Enclosure : Rittal 9970016
- Rittal Button Mount Brackets
- Rittal 9971067
- Depth from front rail to PDU (overall depth for hardware facing the front of the rack): 38"
- Racksolutions racks purchased via CyrusOne.
All other sites
- Racks are provided from the vendor in all other datacenter sites.
- This section should still eventually list the "Depth from front rail to PDU (overall depth for hardware facing the front of the rack)" for each site.
- Opengear CM7148 dual PSU model
- 48 port serial console server
- We attach serial to every power strip and every bit of network kit (excluding the rack level mgmt switches)