SRE/Dc-operations/Common Data center Specifications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
SRE Data Center Operations
This page will outline our preferred specifications for use in data centers.
This is summary data, and is not "live", any actual cable connections, and their cable color and labeling are tracked in Netbox.
|Red||Cat5e||Out of Band Access|
|Yellow||9/125 Singlemode Fiber||All fiber connections|
- Fiber note: LC to LC in rack, SC to LC for peer/transit links.
- Cabling notes:
- We use pre-made patches in rack (5'/7'/10') for mgmt and production network.
- We use custom on-site assembled patches for serial.
- These are nearly always cross-rack and must be custom measured.
- The pin out differs to work for serial console (cisco/juniper/netapp/sun) without an adapter:
- End Device Side: 568B
- Serial Console Side: pin 4 white-green, pin 5 green, pin 6 blue (remainder immaterial)
- Gear Mounted Top of Rack
- 12 3M Fiber or 12 10' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- 24 2M Fiber or 24 7' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- 5 1M Fiber or 5 5' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- Gear Mounted Mid-Rack
- 10 1M Fiber or 10 5' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- 32 2M Fiber or 32 7' CAT6 Ethernet Cable
Codfw & Eqiad based Sites
- 208V 3 Phase power @ 30 Amps - Two circuits per enclosure for redundancy.
- Sites in use: eqiad, sdtpa (not all racks redundant power)
- Power connector used for 30AMP 3Phase is NEMA L21-30P(plug) / L21-30R(eceptacle).
- Sites not in use: pmtpa (208V 3 Phase @ 20 Amps, redundant) & ULSFO(redundant).
- Power connector used for 20AMP 3Phase is NEMA NEMA L21-20P(plug) / L21-20R(eceptacle).
- ServerTech 0U SMART PDU
- 42 c13 power ports per feed for a total of 84 ports.
- Model: CS-84VDY-L2130
- Also have to order (2) EMTH-1-1 to have two temp/humidity leads, and one Kit-MB-01 (two button mount kit - can use Rittal equivalent)
- In our present deployments, we use SMART over SWITCHED due to the higher possible rate of failure of the switched power ports over non-switched power ports.
- We have a rack with switched power, due to legacy equipment that could not out of band power cycle; though now none of that hardware is still in service.
- RobH thinks we may need to re-investigate the failure rates on switched power, and possibly use it more, since it can be used to remotely clear service processors out of unrecoverable error states,
- Power cords for servers are c13/c14 type; with new cables being red or blue for A/B power feeds.
- Depth from front rail to PDU (overall depth for hardware facing the front of the rack): 33"
- Rittal TS-8 Enclosure: Rittal 9962172
- Sheet Steel, 800MM W by 2200MM H by 1050MM D. Sand Texture, Black, Perforated front/rear doors, standard rear wall/door, perforated with 4 round cable entry in roof.
- We have to get three kinds, right side end of row, left side end of row, and enclosures within the row.
- Inner enclosure: partition wall left side: Right end enclosure: partition left, sidewall right: Left end enclosure: sidewall left
- Rittal TS - External Baying Connector : Rittal 8800490 : One kit gangs together two enclosures
- Rittal Roof Mount Cable Manager for 32" Wide TS Enclosure : Rittal 9970016
- Rittal Button Mount Brackets
- Rittal 9971067
- Depth from front rail to PDU (overall depth for hardware facing the front of the rack): 38"
- Racksolutions racks purchased via CyrusOne.
All other sites
- Racks are provided from the vendor in all other datacenter sites.
- This section should still eventually list the "Depth from front rail to PDU (overall depth for hardware facing the front of the rack)" for each site.
- Opengear CM7148 dual PSU model
- 48 port serial console server
- We attach serial to every power strip and every bit of network kit (excluding the rack level mgmt switches)