This project, primarily known as the Beta Cluster aims to provide a staging area that closely resembles the Wikimedia production environment. It runs MediaWiki and extensions from their master branch, allowing developers and power users to test new code before it goes live on Wikimedia websites.
Full-stack integration testing of MediaWiki and extensions
Anticipated traffic level
more than 1000 hits per day
Anticipated time span
Willing to take contributors or not
Subject area narrow or broad
This page is a launching pad for anyone who wants to figure out how this cluster is configured.
|When setting up new instances in eqiad, please see the instructions for using our local salt and puppetmaster for a list of small changes to make to your instance's puppet configuration.|
- Cluster Availability Graph
- Machine config
- Hetrogenous Deploy
- Add a wiki
- Import articles to betawiki
- How code is updated
- Log Files
- Project/Elimination of shared storage
- Beta update jobs in Jenkins
- Decommission an instance
- MariaDB Slave instance setup
Server admin log
- 14:41 andrewbogott: changed profile::redis::multidc::discovery from 'false' to "" to comply with strict typing in the deployment-memc puppet prefix.
- 19:03 balloons: resized deployment-puppetdb03 to g2.cores2.ram4.disk40 (T270420)
- 22:00 mutante: adjusted 'puppet prefix' deployment-jobrunner to use "role::beta::mediawiki::jobrunner" instead of "role::mediawiki::jobrunner" - goes together with gerrit:649707 - no instance currently exists called 'deployment-jobrunner'
- 09:50 awight: metawiki: Pro... (more)
Release Engineering Server Admin Log
|This RelEng-specific SAL seems to be preferred over the generic WMCS one included above (if you know more, please edit this note!)|
- 19:45 Majavah: restart deployment-logstash03 to see if it fixes it being empty
- 09:48 Majavah: cherry-pick https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/668995 on deployment-puppetmaster04 T276654
- 08:09 Majavah: deployment-acme-chief change authorized regex for mx to use .eqiad1.wikimedia.cloud domain to fix T276652