This page covers the basic steps to getting started with Toolforge.
For more information and links to developer/maintainer documentation visit the Toolforge Portal.
Getting started with Toolforge - Quickstart
- Create a Wikimedia developer account.
- Create an SSH key and add it to your Wikitech account.
- Submit a Toolforge project membership request and wait for its approval.
- Your request will be reviewed, and you will receive confirmation within a week. You will be notified through your Wikitech user account.
- Once you are added as a Toolforge member, you must logout and then login again at https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/
- Doing this is required for your membership to take effect.
- Create a new tool or join an existing Tool account
- Access the Toolforge project and manage your files.
Communication and support
We communicate and provide support through several primary channels. Please reach out with questions and to join the conversation.
|Phabricator Workboard||#Cloud-Services||Task tracking and bug reporting|
|IRC Channel||#wikimedia-cloud connect||General discussion and support|
|Mailing List||cloud@||Information about ongoing initiatives, general discussion and support|
|Announcement emails||cloud-announce@||Information about critical changes (all messages mirrored to cloud@)|
|News wiki page||News||Information about major near-term plans|
|Blog||Clouds & Unicorns||Learning more details about some of our work|