This page covers the basic steps to getting started with Toolforge.
For more information and links to developer/maintainer documentation visit the Toolforge Portal.
Getting started with Toolforge - Quickstart
- Create a Wikimedia developer account.
- Create an SSH key and add it to your Wikitech account.
- Submit a Toolforge project membership request and wait for its approval.
- Your request will be reviewed, and you will receive confirmation within a week. You will be notified through your Wikitech user account.
- Once you are added as a Toolforge member, you must logout and then login again at https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/
- Doing this is required for your membership to take effect.
- Create a new tool or join an existing Tool account
- Access the Toolforge project and manage files in Toolforge.
Communication and support
We communicate and provide support through several primary channels. Please reach out with questions and to join the conversation.
|Phabricator Workboard||#Cloud-Services||Task tracking and bug reporting|
|IRC Channel||#wikimedia-cloud connect||General discussion and support|
|Mailing List||cloud@||Information about ongoing initiatives, general discussion and support|
|Announcement emails||cloud-announce@||Information about critical changes (all messages mirrored to cloud@)|
|News wiki page||News||Information about major near-term plans|
|Blog||Clouds & Unicorns||Learning more details about some of our work|