Help:Adding Disk Space
Instances in Labs have a maximum storage quota based on the size of the instance. By default only 20G of the allowed quota is allocated to the instance as the
Adding space as a second volume
The additional space can be added to the instance as a separate logical volume. The easiest way to do this is by enabling the
role::labs::lvm::srv Puppet role:
- Go to https://horizon.wikimedia.org/project/.
- Set "
your project" in the project filter
- Find the instance you want to change the in the table below that
- Click the "Puppet Configuration" tab to get to the Puppet management screen for that instance
- In the row for
labs::lvm::srv, click "apply Role"
- In the pop-up, click "Apply"
- Wait for the Puppet job to run, OR connect to the instance and run
sudo puppet agent --test --verbose
After the Puppet run completes you should see a new volume mounted at
/srv. The size of this volume will depend on the amount of remaining quota for your instance.
Resize root partition
See Help:Resize root partition for an explanation of how to attempt to resize the
/ volume for an existing instance.