|Tool Labs||Help • FAQ • Getting started • Rules • Access • Databases • Job grid • Web • How to • List of Tools • Glossary|
Tool Labs (or Tools) is a hosting environment for community developers working on services that provide value to the Wikimedia and Wiki ecosystem. Tool Labs provides access to replicas of the Wikimedia databases and many other services. These services allow developers to easily do adhoc analytics, administer bots, run webservices, and generally create tools to help editors and other volunteers in their work. The infrastructure is supported by a dedicated group of Wikimedia Foundation staff and volunteers.
Using the Tools
Becoming a Tools Lab developer
- Create an account here on the Wikitech wiki.
- Fill out an access request to join the Tools project.
- Generate an SSH key that you will use along with your shell account name to log into the Tool Labs servers if you do not already have one.
- Associate your SSH public key with your Wikitech account using the Preferences > OpenStack tab.
- Wait for your access request for the Tools project to be processed (you should receive messages on your Wikitech talk page).
- Tool Labs projects must be open source software licensed under an OSI approved license.