This is the entrypoint for internal workflows and infrastructure documentation as operated by the Performance Team at Wikimedia.
For more information about the team, what we do, and how to reach us, see Wikimedia Performance Team on mediawiki.org.
Tools we provide for use by engineers that develop or operate Wikimedia software:
- performance.wikimedia.org/php-profiling: Flame graphs
- noc.wikimedia.org: Database load config
- Fresnel in CI
- WikimediaDebug (includes integration with Logstash and XHGui profiling)
- Navigation Timing: Page load time and other real-user metrics from page views (by platform, country, and browser).
- Synthetic testing (Page drilldown dashboard): Access results of synthetic testing and user journeys.
- ResourceLoader bundle size: Metrics about your asset bundles.
- WANCache: Metrics about Memcached keys and computations in your backend code.
- Backend Pageview Timing: Backend latency for generating pageviews to logged-in users (and to our CDN), by platform.
- Save Timing: Time from submit to finishing the edit save on an article (and breakdown by page type, account type, and service entry point).
These pages are mainly for use within the team.
- logstash.wikimedia.org (NDA restricted).
Other dashboards we regularly monitor:
- Wikimedia Performance Team, on mediawiki.org