Welcome to Tool Labs
Hello Tparis, welcome to the Tool Labs project! Your request for access was processed and you should be able to login now via ssh at tools-login.wmflabs.org. To get started, check the help page and the migrating from the Toolserver page. You can also ask in our irc channel at #wikimedia-labs connect or send an e-mail to our mailing list email@example.com - thank you, and have fun using labs! petrb (talk) 03:51, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks.--Tparis (talk) 14:40, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
- I had planned to contact you one month ago when my xtools would have been successfully migrated.
- Anyway, I've added you two as xtools mainteners. Feel free to proceed to your work because my current version contains many bugs. I'll add the French translations in some different files regarding what I did on the Toolserver (I had replaced the English files).
- Maybe we could use xstools as a preproduction after... JackPotte (talk) 15:43, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
- PS: the MySQL help page doens't yet explain simply what I put into User:JackPotte#MySQL. JackPotte (talk) 15:49, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
- PS 2: I was rewriting the rewrite.script in .htaccess, it must be finished this week-end. JackPotte (talk) 19:27, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
We need to coordinate ourselves in spite of the fact that our counter was pointing to wikipedia:User_talk:X!#Tools. That's the reason why I've created Nova Resource:Xtools as another big project of Category:Nova Resource, and obviously made the counter pointing on it (Support at the bottom left). JackPotte (talk) 22:04, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
Completing project documentation
This is regarding the announcement (http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2014-July/002762.html) if you have missed it.
We have added some fields in addition to description field which is already there on your projects. Please click "Edit Documentation" in your project page/ project pages and fill the blanks. It will only take few minutes from your valuable time.
Wiki Replica c1.labsdb to be rebooted Monday 2017-10-30 14:30 UTC
A tool you maintain is hosting data on labsdb1001.eqiad.wmnet (aka c1.labsdb). This server will be rebooted Monday 2017-10-30 at 14:30 UTC.
Normal usage of the *.labsdb databases should experience only limited interruption as DNS is changed to point to the labsdb1003.eqiad.wmnet (aka c3.labsdb). The c1.labsdb service name will not be updated however, so tools hardcoded to that service name will be interrupted until the reboot is complete.
There is a possibility of catastrophic hardware failure in this reboot. There will be no way to recover the server or the data it currently hosts if that happens. Tools that are hosting self-created data on c1.labsdb will lose that data if there is hardware failure. If you are unsure why your tool is hosting data on c1.labsdb, you can check the database and table names at https://tools.wmflabs.org/tool-db-usage/.
This reboot is an intermediate step before the complete shutdown of the server on Wednesday 2017-12-13. See Wiki Replica c1 and c3 shutdown for more information. --BryanDavis 00:19, 28 October 2017 (UTC)