PAWS/PAWS examples and recipes
This page is work in progress and will be developed further.
This page offers a growing number of recipes, how-tos, and example notebooks that you may find useful while learning and exploring PAWS. This page is not meant to be an exhaustive list. There are many examples of public notebooks available in many places. To see all of the notebooks currently hosted on PAWS, check out the public index.
There is currently no way to search the public index for specific types of notebooks, but it can be useful to explore them to see what others have done with PAWS.
This page is a work in progress, and more will be added over time. If you find a public notebook of interest or a how-to or tutorial you would like to share, feel free to add it here.
Mediawiki Rest API
- Search Wikipedia articles - The MediaWiki REST API lets you build apps and scripts that interact with any MediaWiki-based wiki. In this tutorial, we'll use the REST API search endpoints to search for articles about the Solar System on English Wikipedia.
- Exploring page history - The MediaWiki REST API lets you build apps and scripts that interact with any MediaWiki-based wiki. In this tutorial, we'll use the REST API page history endpoints to explore the history of articles on English Wikipedia.
- Pywikibot Tutorials- an index of Pywikibot tutorials related to Wikidata.
- Using Pywikbot with PAWS - A basic introduction to using Pywikibot with PAWS. This tutorial gives you the information you need to get started using a Python 3 notebook or the PAWS terminal.
- An intro to Pywikibot - A notebook based Pywikibot tutorial
- Pywikibot Tutorials - an index of Pywikibot tutorials related to Wikidata.
Notebooks that use datasets
Notebooks that use replicas and databases
Notebooks that use multiple Python libraries
- A machine learning notebook with visualizations. Multiple Python libraries are imported to create this notebook.
- A notebook using Wikidata to list painters in multiple languages.
Notebooks that use Pywikibot
Understand users and user behavior on a wiki
- See the global block history for a user across wikis
- Pages created from external links by non-autoconfirmed users. This can be used to reduce spam on wikis.
Make it easier for editors to organize articles and information
- Extract information about stubs for editors who are considering merging them This example uses the catgory "Rural localities in Russia."
- Search for pages with deprecated templates
Contribute to Wikidata
Notebook based tutorials
- Getting started with PAWS tutorial
- PAWS Cheatsheet This "cheatsheet" contains a number of useful tasks you can run right away.