PAWS is web-based and makes it possible for users to launch, publish, and fork notebooks without installing Jupyter. PAWS notebooks allow users to create and share documents that contain live code, visualizations such as graphs, rich text, etc.
- Do cool things with...
You can find more examples in this index of public PAWS notebooks.
Getting started with PAWS
- Open PAWS
- Click the Sign in with MediaWiki button.
- Allow permission for PAWS to perform some actions on your behalf.
- It's that easy!
Create a notebook.
Share your notebook using a public link.
- Use the Public Link button to generate a public URL, or
- Alter the URL manually to get the public link to your notebook: https://paws-public.wmflabs.org/paws-public/User:YOURUSERNAME/YOURNOTEBOOK.ipynb
Fork an existing notebook
- Get the URL of another public PAWS notebook. Example: http://paws-public.wmflabs.org/paws-public/YOURUSERNAME/YOURNOTEBOOK.ipynb
?format=rawto the end of the URL to download a raw .ipynb file. Example: http://paws-public.wmflabs.org/paws-public/YOURUSERNAME/YOURNOTEBOOK.ipynb?format=raw
- Log into your PAWS account and use Upload button to upload this copy into your own directory.
- Looking to use the most common PAWS functions? Check out this user-created PAWS Cheatsheet
- PAWS is a Jupyter notebooks installation hosted by Wikimedia Cloud Services. The existing Jupyter Notebooks documentation is an excellent resource for PAWS users.
- Check out the PAWS Readme on Gitub for information on useful libraries and storage space.
PAWS and Pywikibot
Pywikibot is a Python library and collection of tools that automate work on MediaWiki sites. Originally designed for Wikipedia, it is now used throughout the Wikimedia Foundation's projects and on many other MediaWiki wikis.
For detailed information about Pywikibot/PAWS integration, log-in, and set-up instructions see: The Pywikibot/PAWS manual.
Report bugs, request features
- Learn more about ongoing PAWS development by checking out existing bug reports and feature requests under the PAWS project tag in Phabricator.
- Report bugs or request new features under the PAWS tag in Phabricator.
- Check out the PAWS source code.
Maintainance and administration
Learn more about how PAWS is administered and maintained.
- PAWS/Tools/Admin - Internal administrative notes
- PAWS/Tools/Admin/Chico's notes
- Portal:Toolforge/Nodes#PAWS nodes
- Nova Resource:
- Icinga (access required) indicates the service's current health status in general