Jump to navigation Jump to search
The ORES infrastructure is being deprecated in favor of Machine Learning/LiftWing, as described in Machine_Learning/Modernization. The Machine Learning team has the following high level timeline:
- Deploy all ORES/Revscoring models on Lift Wing.
- Please check Machine Learning/LiftWing/Usage about how to query the new models (from the internal WMF network, from the outside Internet and from the Wikimedia Cloud Infra.
- All ORES models are currently being served by Lift Wing!
- Build a Kubernetes service called
ores-legacy, that offers the same interface as https://ores.wikimedia.org/ but that calls Lift Wing in the background. We will eventually move https://ores.wikimedia.org/ to
ores-legacy, so users that have not yet migrated will not see any disruption in their service dependencies.
- Currently in progress, more info in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T330414
- Move the ORES Mediawiki Extension to Lift Wing (same interface and configuration but different backend called).
- Currently in progress, more info in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T319170
- Migrate all clients to the Lift Wing API. This is a long term process, and it will likely take several months.
If you are a bot owner, or if you have a service that depends on ORES and you have concerns / doubts / questions, we invite you to:
- Read the docs in Machine Learning/LiftWing/Usage#Differences using Lift Wing instead of ORES to get the main differences between ORES and Lift Wing.
- Create a Phabricator task with the
Machine-Learning-Teamlabel to start a conversation with us, hopefully we'll be able to help in making your transition to Lift Wing easy and smooth!
- Ping us in the
#wikimedia-mlIRC channel on Libera.
See also mw:ORES.
- Incident documentation/20150908-ores (labs)
- Incident documentation/20151216-ores (labs)
- Incident documentation/20160319-Ores (labs)
- Incident documentation/20160610-ORES (prod, early days)
- Incident documentation/20160620-ores (prod)
- Incident documentation/20160801-ORES (prod)
- Incident_documentation/20160924-ORES (prod)
- Incident_documentation/20160925-ores (prod)
- Incident_documentation/20161227-ores (prod)
- Incident documentation/20171120-Ext:ORES
- See also