A beer for you!
|Thank for giving me that shell access Karthik sripal (talk) 04:28, 2 April 2013 (UTC)|
Did you know …
How to ticket an admin?
Howdy - hoping you can help a Tool labs newbie here. Is there a preferred method of reporting problems to the admins and/or requesting admin tasks to be done here? Something akin to JIRA on the Toolserver? - tb (talk) 11:01, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
- Coren and petan are usually online on IRC (#wikimedia-labs); if you don't use IRC and for anything that can't be resolved immediately, you should file a bug at Bugzilla for product "Wikimedia Labs" and component "tools". --Tim Landscheidt (talk) 15:50, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
Just as a FYI, I am on vacation until May 30 (currently in London). Petan can help with urgent matters, and I will return to hack away at the bugzilla starting next weekend.
- It allows you to connect to the Lab's user-accessible servers (primarily, bastion.wmflabs.org) from which you can connect to any project's you have been authorized for. There is an automatic request for the right that is generated by creating an account on the wiki. — Coren/Marc (talk) 19:05, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
Licence of jobutils man pages
jsub.1 are "licensed under CC-BY-SA", while
jstart.1 (nearly identical to
jsub.1) is "licensed under BSD-like License". Can I safely assume that the latter is a typo and you meant CC-BY-SA in this case as well? --Tim Landscheidt (talk) 04:41, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
- This was actually Petr's work; though I think the actual text was taken from the usage message ( and thus from the very permissive BSD-like source). Either works. — Coren/Marc (talk) 01:44, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
if you have a few minutes, could you maybe work through the current Tools access requests? I'll have some free time on the weekend and was hoping to start using it then. :)
Cheers, Amalthea 12:35, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi Coren. Could you please rename my account from "Edin" to "Edinwiki" because I want to unify the name with my accounts at other wiki projects? Or could you at least point me to the appropriate page? I wasn't able to find it on wikitech. -- Edin (talk) 14:16, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- My understanding is that there are (or at least, was) a lot of caveats with renaming wikitech users because of the way that it is interweaved with other services; lemme ask Ryan where we stand on this. — Coren/Marc (talk) 14:27, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- If it is easier, I can also create a new account. However, I don't remember whether my current account is linked to some projects such as Pywikibot. -- Edin (talk) 12:43, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
Accessing Wikilabs local perl library
Hi. Petrb suggested that I contact you. As described in more detail here, I am having problems from an external web browser accessing a Wikilabs local perl library that I have created. Do you have any ideas what the problem might be? I would be very grateful for any pointers that you might have. Thanks. Boghog (talk) 20:02, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- OK, I think I have solved most the problems. The key was to add the following to the cgi script. This made debugging the library much easier:
use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';
- Adding this single line gave some very useful feedback that indicated despite using cpanm for the installs, there were a still a few unfulfilled dependencies. After installing these missing modules, the script finally worked. I still need to get url and isbn options to work, but at least the most commonly used options now work. The link for running the tool is here: citation-template-filling. Boghog (talk) 15:55, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi, probably something went wrong in the creation of my home (/home/rotpunkt) on tools-login.wmflabs.org/tools-dev.wmflabs.org: indeed my .bashrc is empty, I have no replica.my.cnf, ... Could you fix my situation? Thanks in advance. --Rotpunkt (talk) 11:33, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the support and congratulations for your great work on wmflabs. --Rotpunkt (talk) 17:58, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
Request to fix Citation bot
Sorry to bug; you are listed on Wikipedia > (e.g.) Interactome > (citation bot) jump the queue > project administrator page. The citation bot has been EXTREMELY important for a lot of people to add scientifically correct citations to Wikipedia pages (such as the students who I teach to edit Wikipedia), but it broke again a few weeks ago. This happened before but someone fixed it; not sure who it was as the contact info got lost on the aforementioned bot page. Maybe someone can take care of it. Thanks! Peteruetz (talk) 04:39, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
- The tool "citations" is maintained by User:Mattsenate (cf. the list of tools). I have executed "webservice start" as the tool, and that seems to have started something. Is it working for you now? --Tim Landscheidt (talk) 14:54, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Completing project documentation
This is regarding the announcement (http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2014-July/002762.html) if you have missed it.
We have added some fields in addition to description field which is already there on your projects. Please click "Edit Documentation" in your project page/ project pages and fill the blanks. It will only take few minutes from your valuable time.
502 Bad Request
I would like to extract data from the WikidataQuery API. When the request is to big, I've got "502 Bad request" as an answer. Do you know if it's possible to make big request such as
wget "http://wdq.wmflabs.org/api?q=claim&props=31" to WikiDataQuery ?
- WDQ is maintained by Magnus Manske. It's probably best to ask him directly. --Tim Landscheidt (talk) 02:12, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Musical chairs with Server Admin Log -> Help:ns -> User: ns
Someone has played musical chairs with the page, and my rights don't allow me to put it back where it belongs due to the original redirect. Not sure who would normally fix things like this locally so dropping it into your lap. :-) — billinghurst sDrewth 03:56, 25 September 2014 (UTC)
Transwiki importers right
I was wanting to inhale some templates from enWP, whilst maintaining their history. Do we have transwiki components set up and are you (crats) willing to assign the rights? Thanks. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:19, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- We do. I've given you the appropriate bits, including the admin-equivalent so you can move and rename stuff around. <Insert blah blah admin be careful bit here>. — Coren/Marc (talk) 13:19, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
WSexport stats page not working (intermittently)
Hi Coren You're listed as a maintainer of the tool at https://tools.wmflabs.org/wsexport/tool/stat.php. I've been trying to get stats from it for a project the Community Tech team has just started to improve reliability of wsexport, but I keep getting the error "No Web service." Actually, I have had success a few times. See the full error message below. Understanding how often the wsexport service is used, where and for which formats would be most helpful to our work. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
—JMatazzoni (WMF) 18:21, 1 March 2019 (UTC)
shortnames tool review
Hi, we're doing a review to make sure as many tools meet a minimum standard. I noticed shortnames tool doesn't have a public code repo on toolsadmin or a licence. Could you add this information to this tool? Thanks! Komla Sapaty (talk) 01:04, 5 April 2023 (UTC)