This page may be outdated or contain incorrect details. Please update it if you can.
See swift::base in puppet for this.
- ganglia-logtailer process running on all swift nodes via cron (front and back ends)
- parses logs to gather performance and throughput information, feeds that into ganglia
See role::swift::pmtpa-prod::ganglia_reporter in puppet for this.
- runs on one server per cluster, currently ms-fe1
- reports cluster-wide statistics to ganglia
- object count, bytes used, change in # objects
- these aren't related to a specific server but instead reflect cluster-wide stats
Unused; can't find source to this anywhere; does it still exist?
- purges thumbnails from all media stores
- takes in a list of images to purge and attempts to purge all thumbnails for that list of images from all three locations: ms5, swift, and squid
- used to clean out unreferenced thumbnails generated by ariel's script
Can't find source to this anywhere; does it still exist?
- script to crawl the object contents in a swift backend, compare this to a list of what's in the container, and delete objects that exist but aren't in the container list.
- note that this shouldn't happen in the first place
No longer running.
- compared thumbnails on swift to those on ms5. deleted things on swift that didn't match what's on ms5.
- two instances used to run on iron - full scan and incremental scan.
- incremental took about 2 hours
- full took about 2 weeks
- was installed in /opt/swiftcleaner. canonical source in git:operations/software/swiftcleaner