Portal:Toolforge/Admin/emergency guides/toolforge down notification
How to deploy the emergency Toolforge error page (503).
1) Set up Hiera: Hiera:Tools
- "dynamicproxy::error_enabled": true
- "dynamicproxy::error_details": <details you want to add to the page>
- "dynamicproxy::error_message": <to override the standard 'this server is having technical issues' notice>
You can use HTML for this
2) puppet apply -tv on tools-webproxy-XX
3) if this fails: 3a) edit /etc/nginx/sites-available/proxy manually:
- search for "# To enable the 'This server is experiencing technical difficulties' message:"
- remove comment in code line below
- remove rest of file
3b) edit /var/www-error/errorpage.html to fill in information
4) if you need to serve other files from the webserver, this is possible. Put them in /var/www-error and they should just work. Non-existent URLs get a 503 instead of a 404.