Portal:Toolforge/Admin/emergency guides/toolforge down notification
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains historical information. It is probably no longer true.
How to deploy the emergency Toolforge error page (503).
1) Set up Hiera: Hiera:Tools
- "dynamicproxy::error_enabled": true
- "dynamicproxy::error_details": <details you want to add to the page>
- "dynamicproxy::error_message": <to override the standard 'this server is having technical issues' notice>
You can use HTML for this
2) puppet apply -tv on tools-webproxy-XX
3) if this fails: 3a) edit /etc/nginx/sites-available/proxy manually:
- search for "# To enable the 'This server is experiencing technical difficulties' message:"
- remove comment in code line below
- remove rest of file
3b) edit /var/www-error/errorpage.html to fill in information
4) if you need to serve other files from the webserver, this is possible. Put them in /var/www-error and they should just work. Non-existent URLs get a 503 instead of a 404.