Performance/FOSDEM 2020 Call for Participation
FOSDEM 2020 Call for Participation: Web Performance
FOSDEM is a Free Software event that offers free software communities a place to meet, share ideas and collaborate. It brings together 8000+ participants from all over the world. It is held in Brussels (Belgium). FOSDEM will take place during the weekend of February 1st-2nd 2020.
More details about the event can be found at https://fosdem.org/.
You can watch the talks at https://performance.wikimedia.org/fosdem20webperf/
Web Performance devroom
The Web Performance devroom will focus on ongoing open standards development and FLOSS projects that support Web Performance work.
The Web Performance field is driven by open standards (browser APIs, internet protocols) and relies on many FLOSS tools to monitor, analyse and improve performance.
Most conferences about this topic tend to focus on best practices and standards once they’ve been finalized, while the ongoing creation of standards and FLOSS tooling development is rarely talked about. The objective of this devroom is to bring focus to these critical areas that actually define the future of the Web Performance field.
Suggested presentation topics:
- FLOSS tools to monitor, measure, analyse, optimize backend or frontend web performance
- Open standards (eg. HTTP/3, upcoming JS/HTML/CSS standards)
- Academic research on web performance
The talk length should be 30 minutes + 5 minutes for Q&A. If you need a different talk length, please provide a justification in your proposal.
Please submit your proposals at https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20 before December 2nd 2019.
Click on "Create event" and then on "Show all" in the top right corner to display the full form. Make sure that you select "Web Performance devroom" in the "track" drop-down menu.
Your submission must include the following information:
- The title and subtitle of your talk (please be descriptive, as titles will be listed with hundreds from other projects)
- A short abstract of one paragraph
- A longer description if you wish to do so
- Links to related websites/blogs etc.
- December 2nd 2019 deadline for submission of proposals
- December 9th 2019 or before announcement of selected speakers
- December 15th 2019 final schedule is announced
- February 1st-2nd 2020 FOSDEM20!
The FOSDEM organizers hope to be able to live-stream and record all the talks. The recordings will be published under the same license as all FOSDEM content (CC-BY). Only presentations will be recorded, not informal discussions and whatever happens during breaks between presentations. By agreeing to present at FOSDEM, you automatically give permission to be recorded. The organizers will agree to make exceptions but only for exceptional and well-reasoned cases.