Jump to navigation Jump to search
mwdebug hosts are a small cluster of application servers set aside for use with WikimediaDebug.
The servers run on shared Ganeti hardware rather than baremetal and have a few additional packages installed to aid in debugging (such as php-tideways).
We currently have:
- mwdebug1001.eqiad: Ad-hoc testing
- mwdebug1002.eqiad: Stage during deployment for Eqiad.
- mwdebug2001.codfw: Ad-hoc testing.
- mwdebug2002.codfw: Stage during deployment for Codfw.
Connect to mwdebug over ssh by proxying through a bastion (e.g.
bast1003.wikimedia.org). As with other hosts, ensure you have
ProxyJump configured in
.ssh/config (see Production shell access). Then connect as follows:
user@laptop:~$ ssh mwdebug1002.eqiad.wmnet
- Debug hosts were reimaged with buster on in Feb 2021.