Wikimedia Cloud Services team/Opensource Contributions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
To help our goal of being good citizens to upstream open source communities we utilize, below is a non-exhaustive list of notable upstream contributions.
Contributions in 2023.
- Neutron bug report: neutron-keepalived-state-change unconditional debug mode (bug report)
- Kolla Ansible bug report: nova_libvirtd and nova_compute can't auth (bug report)
- #1030671: libvirt-daemon: g_hash_table_unref: assertion 'hash_table != NULL' failed (bug report)
- #1030684: libvirtd: apparmor DENIED for /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf results in VM paused with IO error (bug report)
Contributions in 2022.
- Cinder chunkeddriver: use iterative json encoding
- backups: Use the most recent available backup for incrementals
- instance model: fix extraction of ip addresses from instance record
Contributions in 2021.
- Debian bug #985498: gridengine -- missing dependency on cpp package, with proposed patch
- Created an official debian package for capirca.
- Debugging ip token set RTNETLINK error, some kernel devels contacted regarding RTNETLINK error reporting, which will eventually end in an improved situation
- Reported upstream a problem in the nf_tables kernel subsystem, which resulted in upstream patching the bug.
- Reported upstream a regression on VRF+conntrack. Revert was already in place, but our report triggered inclusion in stable releases.
- Fixed policy enforcement in several places in Horizon
- Sent a couple of patches for Manila documentation.
- manila: service_instance: allow overriding the instance name (https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila/+/811736)
- ceph-volume: Consider /dev/root as mounted (https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41277)
- monitoring/grafana/cluster: use per-unit max and limit values (https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41880)
- ceph-volume: Raise when no osd_id and no osd_fsid is provided (https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/41180)
- stdlib::ensure: Add support for package resource (https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-stdlib/pull/1213)
- Expired key - "Google Cloud Packages Automatic Signing Key" (https://github.com/kubernetes/release/issues/1982)
- Reported problem with the
nopreemptdirective: https://github.com/acassen/keepalived/issues/2032 (related to T294956 - keepalived: flap when rebooting servers).
Contributions in 2020.
- prometheus-openstack-exporter debian package
- openstack neutron-dynamic-routing debian package backported patch from upstream code
- Various Horizon bugfixes