User talk:Merlijn van Deen
Completing project documentation
This is regarding the announcement (http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2014-July/002762.html) if you have missed it.
We have added some fields in addition to description field which is already there on your projects. Please click "Edit Documentation" in your project page/ project pages and fill the blanks. It will only take few minutes from your valuable time.
executable of pywikibot on labs
Looking at the pywikibot files on toollabs there are number of .py script files in "/shared/pywikipedia/core/scripts" that are not executable. Is this purposeful? If so, can you tell me where one is to find the usable versions? Billinghurst (talk) 11:44, 31 August 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Billinghurst, they don't need to be -- you can run them using 'python /shared/pywikipedia/core/scripts/login.py' (assuming you've set your PYTHONPATH correctly). valhallasw (talk) 12:00, 31 August 2014 (UTC)
re:tools.cobain processes on tools-bastion-01
- No problem, mistakes happen. Please see Help:Tool_Labs/Grid for information on how to submit jobs to the grid. Testing on tools-bastion-01 for short periods of time is generally OK, but please use the grid for longer tasks. Thanks! valhallasw (Merlijn van Deen) (talk) 17:01, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
- How can I kill a process?
- Now I run this script by my account, coet, not by cobain tool.
- I am testing it, and I don't use the grid. I kill it by [ctrl]+[Z] because [ctrl]+[C] doesn't work. I thought it was enough to kill them, but maybe the processes still runnning. How can I ensure I kill them? Coet (talk) 18:09, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
- Ctrl-z does not kill a job, it just puts it in the background (so it's still running, you just don't notice it is!). To see all your running processes, use
ps -lu coet, or start
u coet. This will show you all your jobs with their process ID (PID). To kill them, run
kill -9 <pid>. For example,
ps -lu coetnow returns
root@tools-bastion-01:/home/valhallasw/pstricks# ps -lu coet F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN TTY TIME CMD (... some commands ...) 0 T 3999 25296 14594 0 80 0 - 1110 signal pts/0 00:00:00 geninfinite.sh (...)
- which you can then kill with
kill -9 25295. valhallasw (Merlijn van Deen) (talk) 18:35, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
- Ok, I was reading about my question and I find the same, but not at all, answer you gave me.
- Now I know, I can not stop processes, and i I do it, I must kill them. Sorry, because I always used ctrl-c, and I never have this problem, but on wmflabs it desn't work.
- I will be careful with this new way.
- Thank you for all. Coet (talk) 20:15, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
About the grid
- There is no time limit, but there is a memory limit -- it's likely that that's what you're hitting. Interwiki.py needs relatively large amounts of memory, so try passing -mem 1G to jsub. valhallasw (Merlijn van Deen) (talk) 08:46, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
thanks for the heads up
Hi Merlijn, I noticed at Wikidata that the kbpwiki has been created (https://kbp.wikipedia.org/). When I looked at https://tools.wmflabs.org/tsreports/ I noticed that the kbpwiki hasn't been added to the list. I found you by the toollist and request hereby if you can add the kabiye-wikipedia to the reportslist. Have a nice day! QZanden (talk) 18:41, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Hi QZanden, it seems kbpwiki is not available yet on Labs. I have filed a ticket to track this phab:T169431 -- once that ticket is resolved, tsreports should automatically pick up the new wiki. valhallasw (Merlijn van Deen) (talk) 13:03, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
Wiki Replica c3.labsdb to be shutdown Wednesday 2017-12-13
A tool you maintain is hosting data on labsdb1003.eqiad.wmnet (aka c3.labsdb). This server will be taken out of service on Wednesday 2017-12-13.
Normal usage of the *.labsdb databases should experience only limited interruption as DNS is changed to point to the new Wiki Replica cluster. The c3.labsdb service name will not be updated however, so tools hardcoded to that service name will be interrupted until they are updated to use a new service name.
Tools that are hosting self-created data on c3.labsdb will lose that data if it is not migrated to
tools.db.svc.eqiad.wmflabs (also known as
tools.labsdb). If you are unsure why your tool is hosting data on c3.labsdb, you can check the database and table names at https://tools.wmflabs.org/tool-db-usage/ or phab:P6313.