|Description||CDN mirror and statistics tools|
|Maintainer(s)||Ed6767 (View all)|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
RedWarn Tools are a set of statistics tools powered by Wikimedia Toolforge. You do not need permission to use it, and feel free to add it to your script or tool. You do not need to have the RedWarn userscript enabled to use these tools. They are not hosted on the English Wikipedia and are completely standalone pages.
You can find more info at w:en:Wikipedia:RedWarn/Tools.
By using RedWarn Tools (including RedWarn's CDN through the RedWarn script), you agree to the below.
Last updated: 20 September 2021
RedWarn Terms Of Service
By using RedWarn Tools, you agree to these terms. In very rare cases, the RedWarn Team and Wiki administrators reserve the right to suspend your use of RedWarn tools, including RedWarn's CDN in case of abuse. These terms of service are designed to be as clear and as transparent as possible, but if you have any further questions, please get in touch with the RedWarn Team or tool operators.
By using or contributing to RedWarn Tools you must not:
- modify the tool in any way that may damage the anyone's reputation, or the safety of Wikimedia projects, including but not limited to:
- implementing discrete and hard-coded user specific regulations without prior notification to the user in question
- implementing malware
- make malicious commits or merge requests to RedWarn's Git repositories
- creating malicious extensions, including quick templates
- removing attribution, not giving proper attribution, or otherwise violating licenses.
- use the tool whilst engaging in sockpuppetry
- use the tool to edit war, hound, or otherwise harass editors
- damage RedWarn's services in any way
- use the tool to spread hate, break the law, or promote violence, including but not limited to:
- any form of discrimination (this includes racism, homophobia, transphobia and other issues)
- encouraging self harm or harming others
Warning regarding edit watchingYour use of contribution and edit watching is public and strictly monitored by the community. Using the contribution watch feature for hounding, edit warring, harassment or any other disruptive behaviour is forbidden and may result in you being blacklisted from using RedWarn and even blocked from editing. Use of contribution watching is time limited. You may renew your watch every 24 hours.
RedWarn Team appeals process
Every user has the right to individually appeal their suspension to the RedWarn team or to local administrators. We are under no obligation to comply with the requests of any user or administrator in cases where it is technically impossible to do so.
RedWarn respects your privacy. We will never collect:
- IP addresses
- Login locations
- Real names, Email addresses, or any other personal information unless you choose to provide it, such as by using the SendEmail feature to User:RedWarn
If you opt-in to help with debugging, we may collect:
- Your Wikimedia username
- Information on what features you've used, where you've clicked within RedWarn's interface, etc.
- Browser information
If you choose to provide personal information, such as your name or email address, this information will remain in our internal bug tracking systems indefinitely, but won't be available to anyone outside of the RedWarn team. This does not affect your rights to deletion,
RedWarn is based in the United Kingdom, and therefore is legally required to protect your data under the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR). This includes the right for your data to be retained in the United Kingdom only. However, unless you explicitly tell us in writing, your data will be available to other team members in the Philippines, the United States of America and Hong Kong (People's Republic of China).
We also use GitLab, which is hosted by Google Cloud Platform in multiple regions.
You can request an export, or deletion of all the personal information held about you by emailing: ed6767wiki (!at!) gmail dot com
If you are not comfortable with sharing your own email address when using the Send Email feature to report bugs and other issues, we highly recommend creating an email account just for Wikimedia related work.
Survey data will be anonymised before publication - however, please do not submit any personal information as we may delete your response.
RedWarn software licenses are available at:
We are bound by the Wikimedia Cloud Services Terms of Service to display the following notice:
BY USING THIS PROJECT, YOU AGREE THAT ANY PRIVATE INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO THIS PROJECT MAY BE MADE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE AND NOT BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL.