Jump to navigation Jump to search
dump process... again... *sigh*
- [live slave db]:
- 1) internally consistent sql db dumps for our own backup purposes, use gzip compression
- 2) gzipped xml stub archives
- [secondary db]:
- 3) gzipped xml full archives
- [xml-based]: -> can run simultaneously
- 4) gzip -> bzip2
- 5) gzip - 7zip
- 6) search index update
- 7) yahoo xml [fixme!]
- archive or remove older dumps
- one master process
- multiple slave processes
- be sensitive to status changes -- added, removed, private wikis during runs
- Do we have enough space on benet for two complete, clean versions?
- If not, we need to pull a bigger box to run on.
- What about historical archives? How much should we preserve?
- Recommend at *least* keeping the current-articles and full-history .7z versions of each dump around. Online if possible, offline if not.
- Where do we have space for historical archives?