- LDAP account creation wizard
- SSH public key management
- Associate Wikitech LDAP account, Wikimedia SUL account, and Phabricator account
- Create new tool accounts
- Create/update metadata describing a tool. This metadata is a superset of the data needed for Hay's directory and published there.
- Create Git repositories in Differential associated with a tool.
Striker is an Django application for managing Toolforge tools. A blacksmith's striker is an assistant to a blacksmith whose job is to swing a heavy hammer at the direction of the blacksmith. Similarly, Striker performs various tasks at the direction of a tool maintainer.
Toolsadmin.wikimedia.org is provisioned via the
role::striker::web Puppet class on californium. This class sets up memcached, an Apache vhost, and a uwsgi service. The striker application code is deployed into the uwsgi service by scap3 from tin. The application is configured by the
/etc/striker/striker.ini file that is provisioned by Puppet and populated with data from hiera. The application's local database is hosted on the m5 shard. The application also connects to the LDAP server for authn/authz and data lookup, Phabricator's public API, and metawiki for OAuth authentication.
striker.wmflabs.org in the Striker project hosts a testing deployment that is used for beta testing. A local puppet master and scap3 deployment server allow testing in a production like environment.
role::striker class is available in MediaWiki-Vagrant for local development and testing. The role provisions Striker, an Apache vhost with mod_uwsgi, a local database, a Phabricator instance, an LDAP wiki, an OAuth wiki, and an OpenStack Keystone service.
Submit patches to the labs/striker gerrit project. Tests and linting can be done locally using
- Frequently (un)asked questions
- Deployment log
- Build and deploy process
- Tool Labs vision
- Phab:T136256 (Deploy "Striker" Tool Labs console to WMF production)
- Tool creation added to toolsadmin.wikimedia.org (28 August 2017 blog post)