- Wikimedia developer account creation wizard
- SSH public key management
- Associate Wikimedia developer account, Wikimedia SUL account, and Phabricator account
- Create new tool accounts
- Create/update metadata describing a tool. This metadata is a superset of the data needed for Hay's directory and published there.
- Create Git repositories in GitLab associated with a tool.
- Create Phabricator projects associated with a tool.
Striker is an Django application for managing Toolforge tools. A blacksmith's striker is an assistant to a blacksmith whose job is to swing a heavy hammer at the direction of the blacksmith. Similarly, Striker performs various tasks at the direction of a tool maintainer.
Toolsadmin.wikimedia.org is provisioned via the
role::striker::web Puppet class on cloudweb1003 and cloudweb1004. This class sets up Docker and a service to run Striker as a Docker container. The application is configured by environment variables that are provisioned by Puppet and populated with data from hiera. The application's local database is hosted on the m5 section. The application also connects to the LDAP server for authn/authz and data lookup, Phabricator's public API, metawiki for OAuth authentication, and OpenStack's keystone API.
https://striker.wmcloud.org in the Striker project hosts a testing deployment that is used for beta testing. This deployment is managed with docker-compose similarly to the local development environment, but uses a production ready container for the striker service itself.
- a MariaDB database service
- an OpenLDAP service
- a Phabricator instance
- a Keystone service
- a MediaWiki wiki acting as a meta.wikimedia.org substitute
- a MediaWiki wiki acting as a wikitech.wikimedia.org substitute
$ git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/labs/striker $ cd striker $ make start tail So much stuff scrolls by... Still scrolling... Will it ever stop? It should, but be on the lookout for repeating loops Eventually (~1-3 minutes) things should stop scrolling ^c $ make init More scrolling... This should only take a few seconds... $ open http://striker.local.wmftest.net:8080/
See contrib/docker/README.md for additional manual steps needed once the initial startup is complete.
Submit patches to the labs/striker gerrit project. Tests and linting can be done locally using
- Frequently (un)asked questions
- Deployment log
- Build and deploy process
- Tool Labs vision
- Phab:T136256 (Deploy "Striker" Tool Labs console to WMF production)
- Tool creation added to toolsadmin.wikimedia.org (28 August 2017 blog post)
- Nova Resource:Striker