Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page describes the procedure to switch over the master deployment server from one host to another.
- Merge a DNS change that points all the deployment CNAME to the new master hosts, see this change.
- Disable puppet on deployment servers:
sudo cumin 'R:class = role::deployment_server' 'disable-puppet "Switchover of the deployment server"'
- Change deployment_server variable in hiera, see this change.
- Run puppet on the new master
- Run puppet on all the other servers
- Verify redis is being replicated, log into the new master and run
echo info | redis-cli | grep role:. It should now list role:master and the former master should now list role:slave.
- Verify the new master doesn't have the cronjob for rsyncing /srv/deployment (shown by
sudo crontab -l | grep -A1 sync_deployment_dir)
- Remove scap lock from the new master:
rm -v /var/lock/scap-global-lock