Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page contains historical information. It is probably no longer true.|
Note: this is an internal document intended for Wikimedia system administrators and is not intended for a general audience
Wackamole is a utility for managing virtual IP addresses. We've never used it, this is just about experimental installation.
- Download from http://www.backhand.org/wackamole/
- Install spread, see that article for details
- ./configure --with-cppflags=-I/usr/local/include --with-ldflags=-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib
- The above line is not a joke, that's how to install it against a default installation of spread. That's not how it says to install it in the docs, if you follow the docs you'll get "configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char)"
- Apply some patches as described at . This is where I'll stop for now.