Obsolete:Labs Eqiad Migration/Fallback
Jump to navigation Jump to search
NOTE: This ship has sailed; this page is only here for archival purposes and it will soon be deleted.
Replicate the tampa cluster in eqiad:
- Apply the virt2 puppet classes to labnet1001 
- Apply virt0 puppet to virt1000 
- Manually configure mediawiki on virt1000, copy over wiki from virt0 
- Apply virtx puppet to virt100x 
- Make keystone aware of the new domain 
- An eternity of debugging to make all of the above actually work
Incremental improvements to above:
- Deploy virt1000 mediawiki using trebuchet/scap/whatever 
- experiment with OpenStack version upgrade but only if all current services work with existing setup 
More difficult but future-proof alternatives
Adopt more modern, current OpenStack tech:
- Switch to upstream puppet classes and deploy the latest OS version 
- Switch our existing network strategy from nova-network to Neutron 
- This may be required to use recent OS versions; I don't know if Havana supports our current network setup.
- Switch current DNS model to 'designate' 
- This doesn't need to block the migration, can happen later.
- Andrew pretty much knows how to do these things already.
- Andrew knows how this works and could implement with some tinkering.
- Plenty of knowledge about how to do this in the org already.
- New territory, would require research and lots of experimentation