Obsolete:Labs Eqiad Migration/2014-01-29
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Topic: Labs Migration Status
Date: Jan 29 2014
Attending: Mark, Faidon, Andrew B, Marc, Diederik
- Puppet work is missing, Mike has not written any code at all.
- Two puppet options
- Setting up an exact duplicate tampa cluster, (not very hard)
- Adopting new versions of openstack, new technologies (new dns), ip6, neutron (what's neutron?)
- Coren prefers to move to new technology, upgrading later is going to be very disruptive (taking labs down again).
- Andrew suggests that maybe we missed the opportunity to upgrade to new tech given the situation
- Ryan was blocked by Mike, he is on contract for 10 hours per week, we should use his time wisely.
- Faidon might be able to help next week
- OpenStackManager needs to be aware of both data centers -- this will support our volunteers migrating their own projects.
- Much of this work is done and tested, but when the OpenStack cluster in eqiad comes up there will be another round of bugs
to shake out.
- Network setup:
- labsnet1001 will be the neutron host, it has 4 bonded ports
* Postpone DNS/"designate", that can be done easily later. * We will upgrade to new tech (Openstack Havana, Neutron) in eqiad, plan B is to use existing Tampa configuration.
- Re-establish contact with Mike Hoover, sent email yesterday, will call today (DvL) Done
- If contact cannot be established, suspend payments (assuming he is being paid) to see if he responds (DvL)
- He hasn't billed in ages as far as I know.
- Coren/Andrew B get familiar with neutron in coming week to understand better what the issues are. (AB/Coren)
- Mark will send Canonical contact details to Diederik (MB) Done
- Get quote from Canonical on support on OpenStack(DvL) Done
- Ask Ryan to make/test OpenstackManager awareness of both data centers (DvL) Done
- Mark has offered help to get the network side up and running in eqiad by end of next week, waiting for prod from Andrew/Coren.
- Start inviting Ryan to status weeekly meetings -- schedule early EST morning. (DvL/AB/Coren) Done
- Next meeting create a timeline for migration from Tampa (DvL/AB/Coren)