Cloud infrastructure for the Countervandalism Network.
Anticipated traffic level
more than 1000 hits per day
Anticipated time span
The Countervandalism Network's primary application is CVNBot. It filters the IRC RecentChanges feed from irc.wikimedia.org and outputs it into various
#cvn-* channels on Freenode IRC. We also maintain databases of suspicious activity (shared watchlist between users, blacklist of users blocked on one or more wikis etc.).
While CVNBot is the flagship project, the API web service also serves about 50,000 web requests per day (between 300K and 1 million page views per month) and is used by various gadgets and tools.
- What is CVN?
- Overview of infrastructure
- Configuration: Instance setup
- Configuration: Services (stillalive)
- Traffic statistics 2014-2015 (graph)
Server admin log
- 01:49 Krinkle: /cs flags #cvn-bots AntiComposite bot_operator
- 01:27 Krinkle: Flags +AV were set on Sarrus in #cvn-wp-da.
- CVN: restarted CVNBot5 - was not reporting
- 14:24 Krinkle: #cvn-commons rubin16 local_op, sysop confirmed https://ru.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=114382938
- 21:42 Krinkle: flags #cvn-wp-nl Wiki13 local_op. User:Wiki13 cloak confirmed, nlwiki sysop
- 23:31 Krinkle: Upgrading from CVNBot 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 https://github.com/countervandalism/CVNBot/blob/v4.0.2/History.... (more)