Cloud infrastructure for the Countervandalism Network.
Anticipated traffic level
more than 1000 hits per day
Anticipated time span
The Countervandalism Network's primary application is CVNBot. It filters the IRC RecentChanges feed from irc.wikimedia.org and outputs it into various
#cvn-* channels on Freenode IRC. We also maintain databases of suspicious activity (shared watchlist between users, blacklist of users blocked on one or more wikis etc.).
While CVNBot is the flagship project, the API web service also serves about 50,000 web requests per day (between 300K and 1 million page views per month) and is used by various gadgets and tools.
- What is CVN?
- Overview of infrastructure
- Configuration: Instance setup
- Configuration: Services (stillalive)
- Traffic statistics 2014-2015 (graph)
Server admin log
- 23:13 Joan: CVNBot3 restarted (Last message was received on RCReader 62854.814658 seconds ag)
- 22:21 Operator873: /cs flags #cvn-simplewikis Enfcer +AV
- 02:20 Operator873: /cs flags #cvn-sw Bot873 +voiced
- 14:09 hauskatze: Loaded pcm.wikipedia and guw.wiktionary to CVNBot8 & 9 respectively | T310880 T309057
- 16:42 AntiComposite: /cs flags #cvn-commons pandakekok9 voiced
- 21:53 Krinkle: email@example.com Add anticomposite as project member and ... (more)