Cloud infrastructure for the Countervandalism Network.
Anticipated traffic level
more than 1000 hits per day
Anticipated time span
The Countervandalism Network's primary application is CVNBot. It filters the IRC RecentChanges feed from irc.wikimedia.org and outputs it into various
#cvn-* channels on Freenode IRC. We also maintain databases of suspicious activity (shared watchlist between users, blacklist of users blocked on one or more wikis etc.).
While CVNBot is the flagship project, the API web service also serves about 50,000 web requests per day (between 300K and 1 million page views per month) and is used by various gadgets and tools.
- What is CVN?
- Overview of infrastructure
- Configuration: Instance setup
- Configuration: Services (stillalive)
- Traffic statistics 2014-2015 (graph)
Server admin log
- 20:56 Krinkle: Moved Cubbie to cvn-app8 and upgraded to 1.22.0-alpha
- 15:22 Krinkle: Moved CVNBot18 to cvn-app8 and upgraded to CVNBot v1.22.0-alpha
- 04:58 Krinkle: CVNBot1 (#cvn-wp-en) database maintenance: Purge bad 'users' table entries of names starting with - Ref https://github.com/countervandalism/CVNBot/issues/32
- 04:58 Krinkle: CVNBot12 (#cvn-wp-nl) database maintenance: Purge bad 'users' table entries of names starting with - Ref https://github.com/countervandalism/CVNBot/issues/32
- ... (more)