MediaWiki deployment setup
This page contains historical information. It is probably no longer true.
- wmf-deployment branch contains MediaWiki, extensions, and a few extra local files
- wmf-config directory should hold most (but not *quite* all) custom files w/ config files
- Additional local-subdirectories:
- where our .cdb files go for interwiki & trusted xff
- contains checkout of geshi
- symlink to maintenance (can we put this in svn?)
The wmf-config directory now lives in a local svn repo. Don't forget to check in your changes!
For extra files still being pulled over see uncommitted files in live working copy.
Switching in use
- live-1.5/MWVersion.php selects the actual source dir to be used.
- (This was used in the 1.4->1.5 transition to have some wikis run from the old codebase until they were upgraded.)
- (Also used to have test run from NFS. Test is currently running from wmf-deployment on NFS.)
Other things needing fix?
- in docroots:
- "skins-1.5" directory currently points to php-1.5 directly
- in live-1.5:
- "extensions" same
Consider better name than 'live-1.5' :)
May need to switch Apache configs when changing that
- Many site scripts probably use /home/wikipedia/common/php-1.5 path explicitly
- symlink or fix scripts?