Lifetime of an issue
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page may be outdated or contain incorrect details. Please update it if you can.
Issues are handled like this:
- User mails firstname.lastname@example.org with the issue. (please, please get them to do this if possible. it provides a central place to contact them)
- Someone looks at the issue, and decides if it's a real issue. If it's not (for example, caused by slow site, or user error) send a mail to the user explaining that.
- If it is a real, decide if it's a duplicate. If it is, send a mail to the user saying it's a known issue. Use the "issues-Known bug" template, and include the bugzilla URL. Add a note of the new ticket to the existing bug.
- If it's not a duplicate, do the following:
- Open a new bugzilla in the "Issues" product. Assign it to a particular person if appropriate, otherwise assign it to email@example.com. Please always cc: keturner on the bug.
- Add a "Note" to the ticket containing the bugzilla URL
- Use the "issues-Bug opened" template to mail the user. Include the URL
- Send a mail to issues-l containing a description of the issue and the bugzilla URL.
- Fix the problem :-)
when the problem is resolved:
- Close the bug
- Send a mail to all tickets listed in the bug, using the "issues-Bug fixed" template.
- Send a mail to issues-l saying that the bug is fixed.