Help:Disabling an account
Disabling a user's account disables them from quite a few services and shouldn't be taken lightly. Here are the steps to follow:
- Remove them from the shell mediawiki group
- This will remove them from every project and every role they are a member of. It can't be undone without manually adding them back into everything.
- Since the user will no longer be in any project groups, they'll be denied ssh access into any project.
- The user will still be able to edit MediaWiki, and will still be able to push changes into Gerrit.
- Disable their account in LDAP (make sure you shred the passfile):
- su - opendj
- manage-account set-account-is-disabled --bindDN "uid=<your-shell-account-name>,ou=people,dc=wikimedia,dc=org" -j passfile --targetDN uid=<their-shell-account-name>,ou=people,dc=wikimedia,dc=org --operationValue true
- This will disallow them from logging in to any labs related service.