Fundraising/RFC/Direct Mail Appeal campaign management
This is a specification for a new feature to allow Fundraising Major Gifts to set up their own Direct Mail appeals.
Several times a year, Major Gifts wants to publish a donate link which causes all donations to be associated with a specific campaign. Currently, the process is to ask FR production to:
- Create a special form with a "utm_campaign=" URL parameter
- Create a CiviCRM Direct Mail Appeal value for the campaign
- Ask FR tech to connect the url parameter with the appeal value, for example
This feature is meant to eliminate the third step, and create a framework which we could build on in the future to potentially make the entire process happen with one form submission.
The FR tech step is to add a case to this switch statement.
- Major Gifts is able to link the utm_campaign and Direct Mail Appeal using a self-serve form, which persists the associations in a db table.
- View which shows existing campaigns.
- Donate URL including the utm_campaign parameter is generated from a configurable format string and displayed in the campaign editor.
- Please design so that it would be possible to have multiple utm_campaign parameters associated with one DMA campaign.
I'm open to either a WMF-specific implementation done in wmf_civicrm.module, or a generalized CiviCRM extension which might be useful to others.
This stuff is optional and should be negotiated between GR and MG:
- Related reports, which detail or summarize response to a campaign.
- Manage Direct Mail Appeal values from within the campaign editor?