Create a Racktables server
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page may be outdated or contain incorrect details. Please update it if you can.
Moving/copying Racktables from one server to another:
- Add the misc::racktables group to server
- Copy the directory /srv/org/wikimedia/racktables from the old server to the new server
- Reload apache
- Look at the inc/secret.php file - it contains the password and database backend information. Securely store this information.
- Backup the current database, in case of mishap.
- If you are not naming the new host racktables.wikimedia.org , got to the apache sites-available directory and edit the racktables.wikimedia.org file to have the correct host name
- go to https://newhost/install.php - click through the steps and put the correct backend database information in.
If you want to upgrade
- If you want to upgrade to the (current as of 2011/12) .19 branch, you must first upgrade to .18.7 branch.
- Grab the .tar.gz from the racktables repository. Untar this.
- Copy the files over to the current directory. By default this is /srv/org/wikimedia/racktables
- Go to https://newhost/upgrade.php - click through the steps again.
Upgrading to the .19 branch The .19 branch is special. When you unpack the tarball, you only need the wwwroot directory.
- Copy the wwwroot directory to /srv/org/wikimedia/racktables
- Go to https://newhost/index.php
- Click on the upgrade link and through all of the steps.