CRM and donations records.
- Drupal: Version 5.7
- CiviCRM: Version 2.2.8
- Customization of CiviCRM by David Strauss, as listed below:
- This version went live August 2008 as the development server
dev.civicrm is a clone of civicrm circa August 2008 and retains the same confiugration. All application files are stored under
The only changes that exist between the two installations are present in
$civicrm_root CIVICRM_TEMPLATE_COMPILEDIR CIVICRM_UF_BASEURL CIVICRM_UF_DSN
New Database names are drupal5_dev & civicrm_dev
To access the databases, ssh to the dev server:
ssh -A civicrm-dev.wikimedia.org
The dev databases are hosted on db1008.eqiad.wmnet. The databases are dev_drupal (for the drupal installation) and dev_civicrm (for the CiviCRM installation).
mysql -h db1008.eqiad.wmnet -p show databases; use dev_civicrm; show tables;
To dump the current database:
mysqldump -h db1008.eqiad.wmnet -u <username> -p --single-transaction civicrm > civicrmdump.sql
Updating development copy paths following a database clone
After syncing the database with the live data, follow the following instructions:
- Visit: https://dev.civicrm.wikimedia.org/civicrm/admin/setting/updateConfigBackend?reset=1
- Update the file path to append a ".dev"
- Update the URL path to prepend a "dev."
- Rebuild menus: https://dev.civicrm.wikimedia.org/civicrm/menu/rebuild?reset=1
- Update the URLs to point to the development copy: https://dev.civicrm.wikimedia.org/civicrm/admin/setting/url?reset=1
The non-appearance of the search box on the development site is a result of a Drupal bug (maybe?) in block handling that doesn't like block types to change without a module re-install. This happens because we clone over the CiviCRM database but not the Drupal one.
To edit or update the CiviCRM code used by the dev server:
ssh -A civicrm.wikimedia.org cd /srv/org.wikimedia.civicrm.dev
Most of the modules can be found at: