Building OpenJDK 8 backports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fetch openjdk-8 source package from testing (check https://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openjdk-8.html). Per the Debian backports rule it needs to enter testing first. In case of major testing migrate lag, we might simply waive that.
- Sync it to the builder host
http_proxy=http://url-downloader.wikimedia.org:8080 dget -x LINK_TO_OPENJDK.dsc
- Add a changelog entry with "dch --bpo" (that should correctly set the distribution field to "jessie-backports" and update the version number by appending ~bpo8+1.
- Regenerate the control/rules file to use dependencies available in jessie:
touch debian/control.in debian/rules debian/control distrel=jessie
- Rebuild for jessie (not jessie-wikimedia!) (preferrable in a screen session, the test suite run takes a long time):
- Test the package
- Sign and upload to jessie-backports with dput $CHANGESFILE