PHP error pages
|This page may be outdated or contain incorrect details. Please update it if you can.|
The wmerrors PHP extension displays pretty fatal error pages for PHP and let Wikimedia log a stack trace whenever it happens.
What lives where
- /etc/php5/conf.d/wmerrors.ini on every Apache. Maintained in puppet.
- Error page
- the displayed error page is maintained in operations/mediawiki-config.git and is named php-fatal-error.html in . It is pulled on the deployment host and synced to Apaches as /apache/common/php-fatal-error.html
- Log collector
- udprec runs on fenari as nobody, listens on port 8421, writes to /var/log/mw/fatal.log
Warning: Most probably no more use that mechanism hashar (talk) 13:52, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- TODO: how is this collector managed?
How to ...
update the source code
$ git clone ssh://gerrit.wikimedia.org:29418/mediawiki/php/wmerrors.git $ cd wmerrors
// Edit package2.xml for new release
# pecl package package2.xml
Upload wmerrors-<version>.tgz to /home/wikipedia/src/pecl
|Warning:||I guess that use a debian package now hashar (talk) 13:52, 19 June 2013 (UTC)|
- pecl install /home/wikipedia/src/pecl/wmerrors-<version>.tgz
- apache-stop ; sleep 3 ; apache-start
Using OS packaging would be a real headache for our mixed cluster, PECL's source-based distribution system is much simpler.
update the error page
The file is maintained in mediawiki/php/wmerrors.git repository under the name php-fatal-error.html. Simply make your changes there and deploy the file.