I'm setting up a 1.5 tree in /home/wikipedia/common/php-1.5 as one might expect.
The docroots need to be hacked up a little bit:
- /w symlink change to /usr/local/apache/common/live-1.5
live-1.5 is a bit different from live-1.4 as it contains wrapper scripts instead of symlinks. The wrapper will check the upgrade status for the host requested and load up either 1.4 or 1.5 code.
That dir also contains the 1.5 skins to keep from interfering versions.
Ye Upgrade Processe
For each wiki:
- Add dbname to /home/wikipedia/logs/conversion15start
- 1.4 CommonSettings.php will see this and lock the wiki to read-only
- If doing Latin-1 conversion, ensure upload files and directories are writable by wikidev!
- Run 1.5 upgrade1_5.php $dbname
- Run 1.5 update.php $dbname
- Run 1.5 rebuildImages.php $dbname --missing
- Add dbname to /home/wikipedia/logs/conversion15done
- index.php wrapper will see this and load 1.5 for that wiki now
The above steps have been combined into an upgrade15 script, assuming nothing goes wrong. Be sure to log output, e.g.
- [tstarling@zwinger:/home/wikipedia/logs/conversion15]$ upgrade15 sourceswiki | tee sourceswiki
After upgrading a wiki, check around that it's ok; check messages and especially the sidebar.
live-1.5/MWVersion.php contains a function to map hostnames to databasenames, which is used to check the conversion log files for whether to run 1.4 or 1.5. If a wiki doesn't match the standard pattern it needs to be special-cased in there.