Objective Revision Evaluation Service
The system is designed to help automate critical wiki-work -- for example, vandalism detection and removal. This service is developed as part of the m:R:Revision scoring as a service project.
By keeping contribution open, but being good at quality control, open knowledge projects maximize productivity and quality -- and this works for large wikis that are well supported by quality control tools (e.g. English and German Wikipedia), but remain a burden for small wikis. ORES is intended to provide a generalized service to support quality control and curation work in all wikis.
Hosts prediction models for public use.
Anticipated traffic level
more than 1000 hits per day
Anticipated time span
Willing to take contributors or not
Subject area narrow or broad
- not cached
Server admin log
- 21:09 Amir1: deleted six ores.wmflabs.org VMs for donwsizing it (T242819)
- 20:18 andrewbogott: adding profile::rsyslog::kafka_shipper::kafka_brokers:  to project-wide puppet setting
- 20:16 andrewbogott: adding profile::ores::logstash_host: localhost to project-wide puppet config
- 15:28 halfak: staging ores-wmflabs-deploy:4f0a14e
- 19:20 halfak: quiet icinga-wm in #wikimedia-ai
- 16:25 halfak: unquiet icinga-wm in #wikimedia-ai
- 14:07 halfak: Restarting nginx on ores-lb-03... (more)